Would you like to help enrich the Mounted Eagles riders, caregivers and volunteers experience at the barn? Do you have a few hours a week you could give to our program? We are looking for a Barn Host/Greeter for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday lesson times.
This could be YOU!
Barn Host/Greeter – Position Description
- Greet and welcome riders and caregivers upon arrival at the barn for lessons.
- Answer questions and share information on upcoming events and the Mounted Eagles calendar of Events with riders, caregivers and volunteers.
- Assist with and help promote events by distributing information and paperwork to riders and volunteers.
- Collect forms and paperwork from riders and volunteers as needed.
- Make sure that all paperwork collected is turned in in a timely manner to the Executive Director or specified ME staff member.
- Assist with serving refreshments for special occasion activities at the barn. (Example: root beer floats for pizza sale and Christmas party)
- Record all hours spent working in this capacity at the barn, OR off-site, on a volunteer time sheet.
- Be familiar with the Mounted Eagles Therapeutic Horsemanship Program operations and our Mission Statement.
- Possess a Willingness to become familiar with current PATH Standards that apply to barn and riding operations.
- Be Dependable.
- Be customer service orientated.
- Good Organizational Skills
- Be able to communicate with participants and caregivers of differing abilities.
- the ability to be honest, maintain integrity, be self-motivated, safety conscious and patient.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and understand and adhere to HIPPA regulations.
Schedule Options (Choose one day for weekly shift or may rotate shifts with another volunteer)
- Tuesday – 11:30am – 2:30pm
- Wednesday – 2:00pm – 5:30pm
- Thursday – 4:30pm – 7:30pm
- We operate on an annual schedule of 6 weeks riding and 2 weeks off Jan-Dec
- A schedule calendar will be provided
If interested please complete the Volunteer Application and submit. Just click on the link below to fill out the application. We will be in touch shortly after we receive it!