The Pohl Children’s Scholarship Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization founded by Suz Pohl, in loving memory of her children of Mearan, Bracken and Kegan. All three children passed away from a rare, genetic disease called Spinocerebellar Ataxia type 7 or SCA7, which their father and Suz’s husband, Kyle also has.
The goals for this organization are:
- to raise awareness of Spinocerebellar Ataxia type 7 (SCA7)
- to support families and individuals struggling through the illness of a child or loved one
- to support families and individuals grieving and healing from the loss of a child or loved one
- to work with individuals in various professions, specifically those in healthcare, education, bereavement, and religious/ spiritual fields to learn and share information about the many needs of grieving families
- to raise substantial funds through personal/ individual donations, corporate donations and sponsorships, as well as grants from other public and private foundations for the express purpose of launching, sustaining and expanding the organization, funding scholarships and grants, providing education, and funding outreach projects