The 2021 Sponsors for our major Fund Raising Event, “An Evening For Me” were:
Red Carpet Sponsor:
- Andrew F Kokesh VFW Post #1816, Garrison MN
- Ameriprise Financial
- Baxter Lions Club
- Boards by Bill
- Crow Wing Recycling
- Grattan HealthCare
- Grattan Private Duty Nursing
- Harding Sportsman Club
- Pequot American Legion
- Spirit Horse Center
- REMCO Industries
- St Isadore Council 3982 Knights of Columbus
- Black Pine Beach Resort
- Close Converse
- Colleen Irwin Langren
- Gunderson Family
- Iron Range Veterinary Clinic
- Mike’s Tree Company
- Pequot Diary Queen
- Stern Industries Inc
- Stonemark Land Surveying Inc
- Jim & Pat Stroot
- A2Z Excavating
- Brainerd EyeCare
- First National Bank
- Great River Farrier & Foregery
- Gretta Stroot & Erin McMullen
- Janis & Robert Redfield
- Loidolt Lumber
- Milestone Veterinary Care
- Mother Originals Quilt Shop
- Nisswa Tax
- Paul & Alyssa Stroot
- Pequot Auto
- Sandy Strom-Gieseke
- Shirley & Ron Adolphson
Thanks for making our event a great success!
Mounted Eagles Therapeutic Horsemanship program, a 501©3 non-profit and PATH Accredited organization, based in Brainerd MN, is looking for a horse to add to our equine family. Mounted Eagles has been providing therapeutic horsemanship and equine assisted activities to individuals who face physical, mental, social and/or emotional challenges who live and work in the Brainerd Lakes area and 5 surrounding counties since 1992.
The horse will assist riders a maximum of 3.5 hours per day, three days per week. Most lessons consist of riding activities but some are ground work only. Program horses are enrolled in a minimum of 2xs per week Fitness and Training Program administered by the staff of Spirit Horse Center, www.spirithorsecenterinc.com ,to aide in sustaining their physical and mental well-being while working in our program lessons. Farrier work is scheduled every 6 weeks and chiropractic visits are quarterly as needed. You may find out more about our program by visiting our website at www.mountedeagles.org or check us out on Facebook.
This horse will need to be physically sound with a stout build, possess an easygoing temperament, and trustworthy enough to be ridden by a diverse population of physically and mentally challenged riders. Meaning they should be able to handle sudden spastic muscle reactions made by the rider, the shifting movement of an unbalanced rider, and/or hearing sudden vocal outburst from the rider. While these descriptions fit a number of our riders, we do have some who are physically fit and able to ride independently.
The following criteria for consideration of any horse will apply:
- We will require a trial period of 60 days in order for us to see if the horse is a fit for our program and the program is a fit for the horse. All expenses for the horse during this trial period will be the responsibility of Mounted Eagles.
- The horse should be between the ages of 10 and 16 years old
- The horse should be between 14,2 and 15.2 hands high – no taller than 15.2 hands
- Must be up to date on all shots and have a current negative coggins test
- A Vet Check will be required (at the expense of Mounted Eagles)
- The horse must have the right disposition and training to work into the program quickly
- Preferably the horse would be a gelding
- Breed is optional depending on if all qualifications listed above are met
We are a small non-profit organization and have a limited budget for the purchase of a horse. We offer a tax receipt for the market value of your horse if you were to donate it to the program.
Serious replies only, please. Please contact Aggie at 218-820-0375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to join Mounted Eagles Therapeutic Horsemanship for a morning of delicious pie and creating a fun little table gnome to bring cheer to your home!
309 S. 6th Street
9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Register on the form below and submit no later than December 6 (so we can order enough pie!!).
- Click this donate button to pay registration with Paypal (paypal account not necessary)
- Scan Venmo QR code to the right with your mobile device to pay registration with you Venmo account or use Mounted Eagles’ Venmo id to make payment @Mounted-Eagles
Questions: Contact Lynn at 218-831-8240